Welcome to Arts Council Santa Cruz County's Online Grant Application System!
The Arts Council has been investing in Santa Cruz County schools, artists and arts organizations since 1976, supporting our creative and vibrant community. In 2014-15, the Arts Council granted more than $200,000 toward creative projects, professional development for artists, and general operating support.
The Fall 2015 Grant Cycle is open. Apply now! Deadline: September 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
The SPECTRA Matching Grants applications are now open. Deadline September 4, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
- Support the creation and presentation of artistically excellent work
- Increase the success of artists and the sustainability of arts organizations
- Expand equitable access to the arts
- Engage new audiences in the arts
- Create Grants for individual artists and organizations seeking support for their art and culture projects. Applications are accepted in Fall and Spring. Full guidelines here.
- Develop Grants for individual artists and arts organizations seeking support for their professional and business development activities. Applications are accepted in Fall and Spring. Full guidelines here
- Support Grants for arts organizations seeking general operating support. Applications are only accepted in Fall. Full guidelines here.
- Sponsor Grants an invitation only grants program providing ongoing funding for organizations leading the Santa Cruz County arts community.
- Elevate Grants an invitation only grants program providing professional development and funding for organizations to ensure their long-term success.
- SPECTRA Matching Grants we provide schools across the county with financial support for arts education opportunities including workshops, residencies and performances taught by Spectra Artists. Public schools are eligible to apply for up to $2,000 in matching grants each year. You will need to sign up to create a log in at the top, before you will be able to access the online application. Full guidelines here.
Fall 2015 Grants Calendar
- July 15th – Cycle opens. Create, Develop and Support grant applications are accepted during the Fall cycle.
- Orientation #1* August 10th, 5-6pm
- Orientation #2* August 19th, 4:30-5:30pm
- September 4th - SPECTRA Matching Grant Deadline to apply.
- September 9th – Deadline to apply.
*Orientations are recommended but not required for new applicants and those looking for a refresher. Orientations are held at the Arts Council, 1070 River St (Tannery – Kron House). There’s also an online orientation session here. Register for an orientation session here.